To improve the social aspect of education and reinforce the student, the parents’ role must be active rather than reactive. This section explains the formal interaction between the parent and the school, parents and each other, parents’ teachers to the benefit of the student.
- Ensure the right of the student to provide the level of distinguished academic and school environment appropriate.
- Contribute to the achievement of the educational goals of the school.
- Development and organization and build positive relationships among parents, students and management and the Board of Trustees and any other body through meetings, seminars, conferences and various activities.
- Cooperation with competent friendly institutions to attract voluntary efforts and expertise to help in the development of faculty and family relationships that support students’ development.
- Contribute to the development of academic programs and systems of various exams and extracurricular activities and teaching methods.
- Assist the school in improving the relationship with the students in several areas such as discipline, commitment to attendance, behavior, school systems and so on.
- The development of the contribution of parents in achieving the objectives of the Council and the school.
- Represent the views of parents
- Promote contact and communication between the school, parents, students and the community.
Any parent, who may participate in the elections for the Council if the guardian of the students enrolled in the school through a general meeting called to him two weeks before the deadline. Council is elected by the parents once a year. The Board shall meet to select members of the sub-committees. The Council shall hold regular meetings at least once a month and call for a general meeting twice a year at least. A parent loses their membership in the Council in the case of resignation or absence from three consecutive meetings without reasonable excuse or if their children leaves the school.
Each member is elected for a period of one year and may be reelected at the parents’ council annual elections.
- President of the Council
- Vice President of the Council
- Secretary of the Board
Active Members of the Board:
- Secretary of the Academic field: Collects and presents suggestions that can improve the academic aspects of the school including supporting teachers to resolve academic issues with the students and increase the academic awareness between the parents and the teachers.
- Secretary of the Nationalism field: Reinforcement of the national identity throughout the academic and extra curriculum activates and clubs.
- Secretary of the Sports field: Promote athletic awareness between parents and students and its relation to the physical health as well as organizing sport events for both parents and students.
- Secretary of the Social field: Increase parents’ social awareness through effective communication with the school social worker to identify social issues and problems causes and best practice to solve issues. Organize social events and activities that benefits both parents and students.
- Secretary of the Cultural and Religious field: Deepen the concepts of cultural and religious development and moral values among students.
- Secretary of the Arts Field
The parents will meet the teachers a minimum of 4 times per year. The first meeting is held at the beginning of the year and the following meetings are held at the end of each semester in which
Parents are required to have an active role in the student education process, this is important to the student development. Parents are required to:
- Help students to prepare themselves for their forecasted lessons as per the weekly plan.
- Enforce students’ positive behavior.
- Enforce students’ self esteem.
- Enforce students’ belonging to the school.
- Motivate students toward discussion and positive criticism.
- Enforce students’ values of respect, appreciation and cooperation with colleagues
- Enforce students’ to appreciate the role of the teacher and show the proper respect.
- Maintain communications with the school
- Create, maintain and develop the appropriate learning environment for the students at home.